We are working hard and getting ready to run our popular multi activity summer camp at Topsham Primary School. We're following all government guidelines to enable children to still have an amazing and active summer, during these uncertain times. There is more information below regarding this. As always our camp is available for all children aged 5 - 12, not just Topsham pupils.
This summer we will only be offering full week bookings in order to maintain consistent child groups. We have extended our hours to 8:15am - 17:15pm, to try and work around a working day for parents. Collection and pick up must be from outside the main gates and can be flexible within this time period.
As you may of heard, currently the guidelines about summer camps being able to go ahead, are still very much up in the air. It is important for ourselves and other providers to be organised and prepared to go ahead and likewise for parents & careers. We hope in the coming weeks, that this will be more transparent. If our summer camps are unable to go ahead due to Covid 19, a full refund will be issued. We aim to give at least 7 days notice if this is going to be the case and the refund will be immediate. We must stress that we want the camps to go ahead as much as the parents, so we will do everything in our power to make this happen.
Please note that all camps will be limited to 30 children per week, two pods of 15 children. We will not be able to increase this number and we do expect to sell out. Pods will be sorted by household first and then a suitable age range. If you want your child to be in the same pod as another child attending, please let us know asap.
Address of venue:
Topsham Primary School
- 8:15am - 17:15pm
- Ages 5 - 12
- Registration at the gate in car park
- Sporty clothing & trainers
- Hand sanitiser if possible
- Packed lunch, snack & drink required
SportyStars Covid 19 Changes
Social distancing guidelines
- Reduced child-number
- Full-week extended bookings only
- No more than 15 children per group / pod (2 pods on site)
- Child groups maintained throughout the week, with a consistent group leader where possible
- Activities to be adapted to ensure distancing, including equipment use adaptions
- Higher emphasis on being outdoors
- Parents will not be allowed into the venue other than to a registration perimeter for contactless registrations
- Staggered breaks and lunchtimes where facilities don’t allow multiple groups
Increased levels of hygiene
- Staff expected to provide; and have with them at all times; personal hand-sanitise
- Parents encouraged to provide their children with personal hand-sanitiser
- Staff and children to wash their hands, either with hand-sanitiser, or at wash-basins, each time they enter and exit the site
- Stringent hand washing policy that includes before and after each activity session, breaks, lunchtimes and after toilet breaks
- Staff responsible for regular hygiene reminders
- Where direct contact occurs; for example, tending to First Aid; staff to wear protective gloves, mask and wash hands afterwards
- Internal doors to be kept open where possible, especially for sports halls, toilets and changing rooms
- Adapted and restricted activities that involve touch
- Daily cleaning of equipment by our staff
- Parents encouraged to provide pens, books etc for their child to use during less-active sessions
- Regular cleaning of high-touch facilities by SportyStars staff (in addition to regular facility cleaning by venue
Providing specific supervision
- Staff to supervise hand-washing for under 8s and monitor over 8s
- Staff to be vigilant about signs of infection and follow government guidelines for responding to infection
What happens if a child shows signs on Covid 19 during camp?
- All members are asked to declare that their household is showing no signs of Covid-19 symptoms prior to attendance. If staff spot signs of Covid-19 and will isolate the child, in our isolation room and call their parents for collection. We will provide reminders of the government guidance when showing symptoms.
If for any reason the camp is unable to go ahead due to COVID - 19, a 100% refund will be given. Due to forward planning and tight restriction on numbers. When the camp starts, we will be unable to give a refund to parents for any other reason than the government suspending Summer camps.