Topsham Camp - Not running in October, Closest Camp is at Clyst Heath
Our Multi Activity Holiday Camp based at Topsham School offers one of the best active childcare solutions in Exeter. Our camp continues to be popular with parents and children alike, due to our vast experience, high standards, unique activities and emphasis on fun and inclusion.
Children can expect a range of Sports, Arts & Crafts, Archery, Nerf Wars, Zorbing, Bouncy Castle, Shelter Building, Lego, Science Experiments, Movies and more.
We have extended our hours to 8:15am - 17:15pm, to try and work around a working day for parents. Collection and pick up must be from outside the main gates and can be flexible within this time period. Our camp is available for children aged 4 (in reception) - 12 years old.
Where applicable pods will be arranged by household first and then a suitable age range. If you want your child to be in the same pod as another child attending, please let us know on the booking form in the additional comments section. More information regarding our Covid-19 changes, are at the bottom of this page.
"The best Holiday Camp in Exeter"
"Our children talk about their time at SportyStars weeks after attending, I can't give a better compliment"
"All 3 of my children absolutely love SportyStars, Danny and his team are professional, friendly and our children love it"
One / Multiple Days
Half Term 2021 Dates
Having trouble booking on your phone? Click here to open booking system in separate window.
SUMMER HOLIDAYS UPDATE
*We will be running our Exeter summer camp at Clyst Heath Primary School, located near "Big Tescos". Topsham School is unavailable in the summer holidays. Visit the Clyst Heath Page by clicking here.
Topsham Primary School, Orchard Way, Topsham, Devon, EX3 0DN
SportyStars Covid 19 Changes
Social distancing guidelines
- Reduced child-number
- Limited group sizes with 2 members of staff per pod, pods will not mix with others.
- Child groups maintained throughout the week, with a consistent group leader where possible
- Activities to be adapted to ensure distancing, including equipment use adaptions
- Higher emphasis on being outdoors
- Parents will not be allowed into the venue other than to a registration perimeter for contactless registrations
- Staggered breaks and lunchtimes where facilities don’t allow multiple groups
Increased levels of hygiene
- Staff expected to provide; and have with them at all times; personal hand-sanitise
- Parents encouraged to provide their children with personal hand-sanitiser
- Staff and children to wash their hands, either with hand-sanitiser, or at wash-basins, each time they enter and exit the site
- Stringent hand washing policy that includes before and after each activity session, breaks, lunchtimes and after toilet breaks
- Staff responsible for regular hygiene reminders
- Where direct contact occurs; for example, tending to First Aid; staff to wear protective gloves, mask and wash hands afterwards
- Internal doors to be kept open where possible, especially for sports halls, toilets and changing rooms
- Adapted and restricted activities that involve touch
- Daily cleaning of equipment by our staff
- Parents encouraged to provide pens, books etc for their child to use during less-active sessions
- Regular cleaning of high-touch facilities by SportyStars staff (in addition to regular facility cleaning by venue
Providing specific supervision
- Staff to supervise hand-washing for under 8s and monitor over 8s
- Staff to be vigilant about signs of infection and follow government guidelines for responding to infection
What happens if a child shows signs on Covid 19 during camp?
- All members are asked to declare that their household is showing no signs of Covid-19 symptoms prior to attendance. If staff spot signs of Covid-19 and will isolate the child, in our isolation room and call their parents for collection. We will provide reminders of the government guidance when showing symptoms.
What happens if a camp is unable to go ahead due, to government restrictions?
- If for any reason the camp is unable to go ahead due to COVID - 19, a 100% refund will be given. Due to forward planning and tight restriction on numbers. We will be unable to offer a refund to parents for any other reason than the government suspending Holiday Camps, after booking.
What if the camp gets canceled due to government restrictions?